Saturday, January 2, 2010

Good bye Boo



Today I said good bye to my Tucker, "Victoria's Lustig Tanzer". Tucker was my Boxer boy. He was my friend, and my protector. Tucker was always there to give me a kiss, or to stand by my side. Tucker tolerated so much from the puppies. Tucker, like most Boxers remained in good spirits, even though his body was failing. Tucker looked at me on New Years eve, and his eyes told me he was tired. He did not want to keep on going. I cried and cried. I didn't want to let him go. But, how could I keep him here, just for me? I helped bring him into this world, and I had to be there when he left. I held him gently as the drugs were administered, I said "I love you Boo, I always will forever" as I kissed his forehead. I held his neck and breathed him in as he passed, and then I lay my head on his neck as he left his grip on this world go. I then saw that he was a peace. He wasn't in pain anymore. He was free. Tucker, you will NEVER EVER be replaced. I cannot imagine life without you, and I will see you soon. I love you my boy. You never asked for anything but gave me so much. I pray that you are at peace, and know how much I loved you.

4 comments:

BCxFour said...

Julie, you are in my thoughts today. I am so sorry....

Laura said...

I'm sorry to hear about having to let Tucker go. It's never easy, is it? But it's the final, kindest gift you can give to an aging animal in failing health...

Unknown said...

We are so sorry to hear of Tucker's passing. May he rest in peace and watch over you.

You are in our thoughts
diane/tess/nan

Loretta Mueller said...

I am so sorry you lost such a wonderful boy :( Prayers that his memories can give you some comfort.