Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cleaining out, Optimism...

So, we are supposed to get some warmer weather for the next few days. It will be nice. But, then, on Sunday night, a storm is forecasted- could be sleet and rain. So, maybe we will stay almost or above freezing. That would be OPTIMAL.

I cleaned out my kitchen cabinets the other day, removing lots of items that I will never use, and re-organizing the items I am keeping. Now I have tons of space- this is good, because space in my teeny kitchen is at a premium. I now have to tackle under the sink, and the giant black hole that is my pots/pans cabinet. What else is there to do this time of year? May as well get it done.

I am starting to look a little more optimistically at spring arriving. I can't wait. It's been a hard winter thus far. Just so cold, and dreary. Still, no matter how cold, with a couple of exceptions, I have brought the dogs out (just Danny and Lucy in the morning, because Kylie will bark) to run, twice a day. Lucy has lost a bit of weight- is fit as a FIDDLE, but lean. I will up her rations a bit. Danny is good. He's thin, but healthy thin. Lucy is of late, sensitive. It's the best way to describe- no, not on sheep, but for instance this morning, she came in the bathroom while I was getting ready, and stood behind me, and then didn't want to walk past Kylie. I am thinking now, that maybe she didn't want me leaving for work, and wanted to go work the woolies...

Yesterday after work, I was just so tired, I had to go lay down. I left Danny outside, and fed the dogs a bit later than normal. I don't know why I was tired, but I cracked my new book open "An Irish Country Christmas" by Richard Taylor, and got up to page 40, before I succumbed to sleeping.

This weekend, not sure what I will do- I would like to see that movie "The Lovely Bones" if it isn't too scary... I will also watch football, and tackle the pot/pan black hole.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: