Friday, January 15, 2010

Ode to Lucy

Ode to Lucy

There once was a red and tan kelpie
Who I just could not get to stop, God help me

Then came a day when I went all a twitter
I just could not keep trying and being so bitter

I asked her to stop and she just ran through it
I ran up to her, and she knew she had blew it

But, did she then take my whistle?
No, it was as if she were trotting on thistle

What did I do, to try and fix this mess?
To get her to stop, and for once at her best

Well, I calmed myself down
And turned my frown upside down

Instead of blowing my top
At the lack of a stop

I breathed in deeply
And whistled so sweetly

She ignored me again
But this time I was ready

I ran up the field, and met her half way
She looked at me as if to say “no way”

I took her back to where I had asked her
I lay her down and and to her psyche I asked her

Do you want your mother to have a heart attack?
Because if you don’t start stopping, I will surely hit the pack

So, I sent her again, and I whistled with feeling
And wouldn’t you know it, I saw her mind reeling

She slid to a stop and looked at me knowing
I better remember this now, for soon she will be going!

She’s a Fair Dinkum Aussie, to her sheep she is true
There’s no dinking around when you get a Kelpie with you

No comments: