Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fun Dr. Appt.

So, I head out to my Dr. appointment today. I am there for a few minutes when I am told that the Dr. was running late- she was at court (I later found out she was testifying for a malpractice case- not hers, of course!). I had already checked in, so I just left, and went to get lunch, and then came back. When I got there, there was a very full waiting room. I walked up to the window, and saw a sign that said "at lunch 12-1". So, I sat down in the front row, as those were the only open seats.

A couple minutes later, the receptionist appears behind the window. With that, an elderly lady gets up, looks at me pointedly and states "Now we go up and get in line in the order in which we came in". Basically she was making clear to me that I better not get in front. So, at this point, I just smile to myself and read the newspaper I had brought in with me. I never even get in line to check in, which clearly vexed the lady.

The BEST part though, was that after everyone was checked in, and I am ensconced in my paper, the nurse comes out and calls my name. The look on the lady's face was WORTH the price of admission :) Too bad so sad- I was already here, and you get to wait (I could have told her I had already been there, but it was more fun leaving her thinking I cheated ;)

So, as I am giggling about that little exchange to the nurse, she takes my height and weight (MUCH to my chagrin- I am fatter than last time). Then, she goes to take my blood pressure. She gets ready to put the cuff on, and says "I just have to see where your arm bends", and I say "Well, usually, it's at the elbow". We both burst out laughing.

It was quite a fun appointment after all- even the shot was no biggy, and my bp is stellar- 115/60.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it when that kinds of stuff happens (which is hardly ever for me). What a feeling of satisfaction! Good for you! lol