Monday, January 11, 2010

A Brighter Day

My team :)



Danny in the big field



Isn't he handsome?



Good distance on the fetch...



Danny on the fetch- doesn't he look relaxed?



In response to me uttering some innane statement, Lucy looks back at me as if to say "WHAT do you WANT?? Can't you see I am BUSY???"



I KNEW it says Lucy- you interrupt my work and these girls think they can take off on me!



I worked Danny and Lucy the other day. I was prepared this time, and had my toe warmers, plus my Smart Wool socks. Those toe warmers are the BOMB. Keep my tootsies toasty warm, and prevent that horrible frost bite. I had about 5 layers on, so I suppose it's a good work out, just walking around in that amount of extra weight...

Anyway, I started with Lucy, just more work on straight on driving, and listening, and just being calmer- she gets those sheep tooling along, and doesn't always ratchet herself down... She did pretty well, and as always, is so keen to keep trying. I had three sheep that were very light, and she had a heck of a time getting them settled along with me, to complete a shed. But, CRIKEY!!! They had just started to bail, and I called Lucy in and BOOM, in like 1 second, she came in on the head of the last sheep, and shed her off like a pro. No one saw it. Of course. But, it was a ten pointer for SURE! No, this is not like a fish story...

Then it was Danny's turn. As it turned out Danny worked in the big field. Danny was very happy to work, but you could see a wee bit of worry, because he felt the pressure from the sheep wanting to run away, so he was more workman-like, I guess you could call it. He is doing well, sometimes slices, but that's getting less and less, as long as I correct him at the right time and place ;)

No comments: