Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Starting to..

Compose myself. I have entered the phase of trying to go on, and think of Tucker at times when I allow myself- if that makes any sense.

Last night was hard again, but I was able to occupy myself with normal, every day life activities. Some time this week, I will pick up Tucker's ashes, and also the imprint they did of his paw. I will also draft a poem, and put together a memorial for him, in my home.

I know I have to go on, and I will. Dogs, especially heart dogs take a bit of your heart with them when they go, as they should.

Work has been extremely busy, and I can't see to catching up. My feet are really bad with all the cold, and I may have to buy stock in Smart Wool socks, and perhaps buy some batter operated socks, and long johns. This winter has been very cold- for most of the country I think. This morning it was 10 degrees at my place. I did go out and play with the dogs, but not as long as they would have liked- too cold darn it!

Well, that's all for now, I hope that with each day, I gain more strength, and fortitude to deal what life throws me, just like Tucker did, as he began to fail.

No comments: