Thursday, December 31, 2009

As we approach 2010....

Well, today is New Year's eve. No plans, as I have to work tomorrow, plus, I just don't have the energy to stay up until midnight! Was thinking today about an article I read recently, on the economy, and the recovery that will ensue- very slowly. Many economists are predicting about ten years before we dig out of the mess we are in. During that time job opportunities will remain sparse, lending will be tight fisted, and houses selling prices will fall, or stabilize. Basically, it's more of the same for about ten more years. It's very sobering news.

That got me thinking about my plans, and that I need to make fundamentally sound choices with regard to purchases, and plans. It's not a matter, any more of want, really, it's a matter of need, or *really* want bad enough to save for it.... When I got in bed last night, I heard myself saying "I love this house, and my animals". I don't normally talk like that outloud, but for some reason, I felt very content, and grateful for all I have. Sure, I would love a bigger house- if I could afford it. Can't. I would love an RV if I could afford it. Can't. Lots of things come to mind, but what do I really need? Just what I have.

So, I think these hard times have made me realize that always wanting something you can't have is just plain wasted time. Just enjoy what you have, and live your life. Sort of like what the dogs do every single day!

No comments: