Thursday, December 31, 2009

Small respite from cabin fever

Well, yesterday, although cold, I finally got to work the dogs. Still no whistle, since Lucy ate mine (though I got the new whistles in the mail yesterday). But, we worked anyway. We did a nice shed first, and then straight away driving- trying to get her to hold lines better. I think she is coming in that aspect. I wore about 4 layers, and of course my Smartwool socks, and muck boots.

I worked Danny too, and I am learning a lot. For one, just because he is a Border Collie, does not automatically mean that he will know everything. And, two, that I need to remember that. Danny's flanks are good now. Now, I have to get him to stop flanking so much. He learned first to flank, not come in on sheep, then flank, and now, we need some pace, and no wasted flanking. He learned a lot in one session, and I think two or three more sessions, he will have it. He is so willing to do what I ask, and try, and is just a nice boy to work. He's always ready to go back in, but he's calm when we do so. Almost have him stopping the business of zipping when we first start too.

When we got home last night, I was just so tired- I picked up a slice of pizza from the deli, put it away until I fed the animals, and then ate, and chatted with a friend on the phone, and then bed. I was beat. But, I awoke at 12:30 and 3:30. No idea why.
I then slept a bit late this morning- weird. I did end up with some frostbite on my toes, so I am going to have to get more feet warmers at Dick's.

So, today, it is snowing. I hope we don't get a lot of accumulation. I am not planning on doing much, besides work, and then home.

Then, tomorrow we ring in the New Year. Here's to a great 2010!!!!

No comments: