Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cramps, Lucy, and cleaning

Man. I am getting old?... I worked the dogs yesterday, and came home, had a bad for me dinner, and my legs were pretty cramped up. My right thigh quad was fasciculating, and I was just plain uncomfortable. Woke up at 2:00 am really hot, and then had a glass of water, changed into summer night clothes, and back to bed. Awoke this morning, and found that my legs felt like I had run a marathon. It's odd. I guess I am in bad bad shape... Danny makes me run a bit, though it is less and less.

Would like to finish Christmas shopping, but lack the funds to do so.. So, I will have to wait on that. I really want to clean the house today, it's groty- I may even shampoo the carpet in the living room.

This morning Danny was laying in his normal place while I prepare food for the dogs, and Mr Chips walked over to him, and I saw Danny's nose crinkle! I may have even seen a little pearly white! I corrected him for that. Mr Chips is clueless when it comes to dogs. He thinks he IS a dog, but doesn't read dog language well. Well, he does read it somewhat, because he is a bit afraid of Danny- I can see it in his body language. Danny likes to nip him, and he did that today- he was just playing, but I have to come down on him for that.

Danny is coming along nicely on sheep- we still need to keep him calm when he first starts- he wants to zip them- it's almost like he wants to get it out of his system. And, it's very hard to get in there and block. So, not sure what I can do, but will have to figure it out, because that is basically the only issue right now. He is yielding to my pressure, and he did something cool. When I just stopped, and the sheep just stopped, he just stopped. That was waaaay cool. It's good that he is seeing that he is "doing" something with the sheep, not just flanking around.

Lucy was a nut case yesterday. I sent her to fetch the sheep to the barn, and then almost there, she headed them?? WHAT THE HECK??? She may be feeling neglected with Danny getting more work, but she best stop that. She is so fit, that dog could hold out for lessons, run a farm, run in trials non stop. She doesn't even need much food. Her hair is cool- she was muddy yesterday, and I just used my hands to brush her off, and she was clean.

I may hit Petco today, and use that gift certificate the cat owners gave me... Maybe a nice new cat tree for Meow, aka Mr. Chips. Other than that, as I said, cleaning and maybe just maybe chilling out. I ordered the Alisdair shedding dvd, so if that comes in, I will watch that. Oh, and I finally ordered a lanyard for my whistle- the yellow ribbon ain't cutting it anymore....

So, I hope everyone has a good weekend. I hear we may get some snow. Joy to the world eh? Well, as long as it melts, that's fine with me!

No comments: