Saturday, December 12, 2009

Winter Quietude

Not much has been happening, sad to say. I haven't even gotten my order from Border Collies in Action, that I placed sometime week before last... I wonder, if since it is coming from Wyoming, that the storms knocked things out of whack?

It has been too cold/icy to play fetch outside with the dogs. Danny slipped on an icy paver the other night and was lame, but okay the next morning. I have always heard/thought that BC's could be prone to injuries, let's hope Danny isn't one of them...

Nikke, my 9 year old Kelpie had a tumor removed in '07, well, it appeared to have come back the other day. I made an appointment, but by the time the original surgeon came in to see it, it had resolved. So, let's just pray that this was just an anomaly, and that I don't have to go forward with the oncologist, as I cannot afford Chemotherapy.

I have been very busy at work, and trying to keep up with house work. I also feel bad that I can't do a lot outside with the dogs. But, that's pretty much a broken record- every winter I feel that way.

I have a Christmas party to go to tonight, going to do the Knor Spinach dip. I still have to finish Christmas shopping. Lots to do, in like, 12 days.... I think I will put up my wee Christmas tree today.

Oh, yesterday, two hawks, I think Marsh Hawks flew right into my back yard, and were calling to each other, like they were a pair or something. Since my yard is Squirrel (red and gray) mecca, it's like the Country Buffet at my place- perhaps they were checking on their reservations ;)

Well, not much else going on, better get to it.

No comments: