Friday, December 18, 2009

Various and weekend




This is a pic of Lucy watching the A. Macrae shedding dvd we got. I finally got this after much persuasion from my fellow training buddies. Would make me a better shedder, and all that. Well, they are right- this is a must have for anyone who wants to learn how to shed right. It's good stuff.

It is way way way cold out today. 9 degrees this morning on the way to work. I initially went out to play with the dogs, but it was too cold this morning, and icy. I just bagged it. We played a bit inside.

I still have yet to finish my Christmas shopping. I have drug it out this year. It will get done this weekend, God "willin' and the creek don't rise. No working sheep- my sheep are in with the cows now, and the footing is just not good- too icy. Oh, and Lucy, that little brat, ate another steak knife (hande, no, not the blade!) and my whistle! I could just... Now I have to buy another whistle.

I just got the NEBCA newsletter, and there was a small nice piece that Fiona Robertson did on Glen. I so wish I could have gotten the poem I wrote into the editors... it was inspired by Glen. Glen was the father of Danny, and in fact Danny's was the last litter that Glen sired. I sure hope that Danny can walk in his father's shoes. So far, he has the personality, and temperament down. I had looked at so many Border Collie breedings, but some how, I knew, with Glen as the father, this pup had a huge step forward in being a all around very good dog.

Danny is still thin, but maybe gaining a little. I have started adding some yogurt and safflower oil to his food. Hopefully he will get back to healthy weight soon. It's probably good I am not working him much, so he can just recover that weight.

I actually cleaned the house yesterday. It was just vacuuming and dusting, but it is done- for now.

Well, that's it for now. I hope you all have a good, safe weekend!

No comments: