Sunday, December 13, 2009

That's the good stuff

Yesterday, I had to work, and afterward, I was just so tired, I could barely function. I just needed to rest, but alas, I had to go to my sister's Christmas party. So, I made my spinach dip and headed up there a bit early to help. There was a ton of very good food, and some folks brought yummy things like Artichoke dip, Sushi, and these willow bar scrumptious items. I happened to really like the little Nathan's pigs in a blanket ;)

The party went well. There were lots of kids who went and played fooz-ball downstairs, and video games. My sister's kids were all home, and my other sister's boy was there. He is just a cool kid.

I was enlisted to drive him to a friend's house when we left, and we had a great time looking at the Christmas lights, some were just amazing, but not gaudy. It's a reason to go out at night this time of year. We had a nice conversation about various things, and it reminded me how lucky I am to live near my family. It's really important to me.

When I got home I was plum tuckered out. Just too tired to do much but feed the dogs and cats and hit the sack. But, I was absolutely entranced in the "Raw Anatomy" program on a Croc dissection. I learned some extremely cool things, and I almost called a fellow Biologist at home to tell him about it.

This morning, I let the dogs out almost normal time, but then back into bed. Now, I have fed, let a few out and am just chilling. I wanted to try to work dogs today, but it appears more snow/rain is coming, plus, I think Danny is cutting his wittle paws on the ice- I saw pin prick sized blood dots on the linoleum this morning. He is the only one who runs out there pell mell, so I bet it's him. Oh, one other thing, since I am talking about the boy... He has gotten so painfully thin, that I brought a fecal sample in to be tested. Turns out he has Giardia, so I have started him on the anti-parasitic. Hopefully he will be normal weight soon.

No comments: