Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Brrrskie, oh, what the heck......

I am so glad I took the dogs for a run yesterday. Starting last night, into this morning, the temperatures dipped majorly, and the wind really picked up. This morning, when I let all but Danny out (he still has to go out alone, as he just can't concentrate when the other dogs are out there), the dogs came back in in almost record time. After letting Danny out, I thought about not even throwing for the dogs, as it was so cold and windy. I acquiesced though, and got bundled up, and got on with it, as they say. Didn't stay out that long, and when the wind picked up even more, we headed in.

This winter has been a real boo hiss for me. No working dogs due to snow, cold, you name it. At least we have a place to run them now...

Tucker, my old boy who is seemingly near his end- his back legs just are not working right- he is so strong and big in front, but his hind legs have atrophied. He has also not been able to hold his urine well. Anyway, I have a big nice couch that I used to have a slip cover on, but the cover ripped, so I through it away. Tucker peed on the couch once, and I steam cleaned it, and pulled the cushions up, so the dogs could not get on the couch... or so I thought...

Well, Tucker, some how, pushed all the cushions off the couch and lay on the frame. Now, if you remember, he doesn't get around well anymore, so I was impressed. I have decided to chuck both the couch and the recliner chair, and to replace them with two love seats, so I said "why not? I will just let him lay there, it's trash anyway".

Boy was he happy last night. Only moved once all night, whereas when he is on the blankets in the room he's up and down several times. Now, I need to find decent small home furniture....

No comments: