Sunday, December 6, 2009

I love Sundays

The view this morning





So, yesterday after work, I came home and proceeded to clean. Well, not too much, but I did pull the furniture (including the bed) out from the wall, and vacuum the dust etc., that was residing there. Then, I did lots of laundry. Finally, I had a nice dinner, and read a book. Good day.

Last night, there was *nothing* on tv. Well, with the notable exception of the PBS drive with Peter from Peter Paul and Mary, and another gentleman, who were doing a drive with their music, and memories of Mary. It was so very touching. At one point it came up that Peter was with Mary when she died. He recalled noting that she was in pain, and he asked if she was, she said yes, so he went and got a nurse. When the nurse returned, Mary fessed up to just wanting him to get to the point of his story ;) I can see that would be me on my death bed ;) Anyway, I cried, because these two had been through so much together, they broke up the group for 10 years, but came back together like they had never left. They sang in the 60's a period of time where music brought people together, and gave them hope- like Peter said. Imagine, having your dearest friend with you when you pass. I am always so deeply touched by the strong, and impenetrable support that is there when you need it. Mary, you were a cool lady.


This morning I got up and then went back to bed, but it was short lived, because Danny was absolutely going to die if I did not allow him his usual play session in the morning. So, after that, I did the usual morning preparations, had some great coffee, and then headed out to the MALL.

I got some jeans, and a nice soft sweatshirt that was on sale. I also went to PETCO, and was dismayed to find the Snuggies for dogs all sold out! So, I just got some bird food.

Now, it's home, and just time to chill. That's what's nice about Sundays....

No comments: