Sunday, December 27, 2009

Danny's growing up

So, I finally had a day off. I thought of all the things I could do today, but I think I will just stay home, chill out, clean, and rest. I could use more rest. Last night, I noticed that Danny, of his own volition, and not in his crate, decided to go to sleep behind my chair. This is a biggy. For the most part, Danny has spent a lot of time outside- his choice, but now, that he is older, and wiser, he chooses to hang with the pack, and I. I still don't trust him 100%, but we are getting there. For instance, right now, flanking me are Lucy and Kylie, with Danny between them chewing a bone. That is good. The girls love the boy.

This morning I woke at about 5:15, let the dogs out and left Danny loose, and went back to bed- since I finally could. Then, got up, let him back out for a potty break, came back in, and took a shower. When I got out of the shower, I found the signature of Tucker- pee from his crate, through the bedroom, through the kitchen. He pees when he walks. I was irritated, because he could have also gone out when I let Danny out. Tucker is getting old, and I shouldn't be irritated, but cleaning up that distance of pee, really entirely stinks.

It is very warm today- forecast is for the fifties. Ground is still frozen, so lots of water and mud- enough that I won't be throwing the ball out there. Danny will have to make do with indoor games, and just chilling. I need that chilling anyway.

No comments: