Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Barely treading water

I suppose many people get like this, this time of year. Too much to do, to much to plan for. I have been very busy at my job, and I have not had much time to do anything else. Still not finished with Christmas shopping, house not decorated, and house needs major cleaning. When? When we will I get it done? I don't feel very festive this year.

I get up around 5 every morning, and do the normal morning chores, and then it's off to work, and then, come home, more chores, relax a bit, bed, and lather, rinse repeat- ad nauseum. Have not been able to play ball outside with the dogs- too icy, and the mud will be heinous soon. I kick a ball in the morning for Danny in the living room, and he appears to like that, but I would love to run him. Oh well. Danny is still so thin. I may have to ask around for some good probiotics to use with his food. His coat isn't shiny either. He has a great appetite, but I think the Giardia got pretty bad before I caught it.

Oh, I think I have to have a chat with Mr. Chips. He is getting rather, um, chunky. When he sits, he reminds me of one of those Russian nesting dolls....



As well, I noticed the other day that he had a bit of trouble getting through the baby gate (accordion style). I had to extend it a bit, so he could fit... Believe me, I know how he feels!

I worked Lucy and Danny the other day. I don't know what is going on with Lucy, but she is acting a fool sometimes, and I think it's probably my tension. We have to go back to basics on flanks, and just work her when I am in the right frame of mind.

I worked Danny too, and let's just say that he is a work in progress. Actually, he is doing pretty well, as he is doing small gathers now, and his flanks are good most of the time, but if I get all tense, he does too. So, I just need to kick back a bit. It will make me a better trainer, I know. If he would just stop being a jerk when I first start, it will make me much happier. I did catch him just as he was about to explode into the sheep (thusly ignoring me). Just as he got up to run at them, I caught him and corrected him. It made a big impression and he didn't do that again.

It's just hard, because I haven't been able to work the dogs much, and I am so behind the eight ball on everything. I just need some time off.

Calgon, take me away!

No comments: