Monday, December 21, 2009

Holidaaaaaaaaaays

So, lately, my shoulders have been bothering me. Methinks it's tendinitis, or God forbid, Bursitis. I just love getting old. Yeah. Right. I wake up to majorly painful upper arms/shoulders each morning. It's annoying, and I haven't time for it! Okay, done complaining!

It was a good morning today. Well, except for the rodent over my head rolling a nut- GOD I hate that. Once Mr Chips started his morning sing-song, the rodent stopped. Good. I was up early enough to get outside and play with Danny/Lucy before I left- it was cold (about mid teens), but not as cold as it has been. Ice patches are almost all gone as well, so that's good. I am happy to be back in that routine for the dogs, as I feel guilty working all day, when I can't run them first.

Danny is a quick learner. I don't allow him near me when I get the dog's food ready in the morning; Danny lays in the living room watching. It can be an issue when Mr Chips walks right up to him (as I mentioned before, Danny will sometimes show his teeth). Well, I have reminded Danny he better not think of that, so this morning, MC walks up near him, and Danny turned his head away, like "If I don't see you you creep, I won't get mad, and then mom won't get mad at me". It's so Border Collie behavior.

So, I am 95% done with my Christmas shopping. This year our Christmas Eve will be a bit different, as we are going to Church, after we eat, and then back to open presents (as Norwegian tradition is to open presents Christmas Eve). But, I doubt I will be able to stay up that late- I get up at 5:00, and staying past nine is really REALLY late for me. But, we all get together for a fresh ham dinner on Christmas day, and then, I can partake of the festivities! Plus, I hate being gone so long when I have the dogs to take care of...

I have to go with my old friend tomorrow night to visit her husband in the hospital. He had brain surgery last week, and the outcome could have been better- as in there are some residual issues with eye sight, hearing, balance, etc.. I am going to try and lift his spirits, and we will bring him some edible food- that should help. I have known these folks most of my life, so they are truly like family to me. She's one of those friends who you don't talk to often, but when you do, it's like you never left off.

Well, that's it for now. I hope you all have a fruitful week- getting ready for the impending holidays, and also, get some pre-emptive rest!

No comments: