Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What a morning

Woke up this morning really tired. Not sure why. I slept many hours last night- oh, before I forget- I am reading a new book by Earlene Fowler (of the quilting mystery series), called "Love Mercy", and it's a non-murder mystery- more a novel, with some overlapping characters. I recommend it.

Okay, so back to this morning. I let the adult dogs out as usual (I let Danny out after they are all out to avoid herding misbehavior). So, anyway, Lucy disappeared around the house, and then I let Danny out then back in (with the other girls). Lucy was not coming, so I left her and Tucker out. That should have been my first clue...

So, done with my shower, and dressed, I look out in the back yard and I see Tucker standing looking at the driveway, Lucy sitting in the middle of the yard not looking at much of anything- well, she was, but it was like she was waiting for me... Then, I look diagonally behind her along the fence, and there it was- a bunny. Another freakin' bunny, who, apparently, like the others committed suicide by dog. Lucy was sitting there, looking very proud. I went and got the snow shovel, that doubles as a bunny thrower, and chucked it into the woods. Lordy. This is what, number three? She is getting quite adept at killing these things.... I did hear barking by Kylie while in the shower- that must have been when the action was happening...

So, okay, now that that is done. I was ready to leave- brought both coffee containers to my car, and went to start it. Dead- dead as a doornail, not unlike the bunny. Last night when I got home, I pulled my key out of the ignition, but it was still ding ding dinging. Odd, I thought. I for some reason thought it would not be a problem. So, I called my sister, and my brother in law came right over, and jumped the battery. I get to work, and the same thing happens- kept dinging after I pulled the key out of the ignition. Well, this time I figured it out. THE LIGHTS were off automatic and on manual- the ON position. What DUMMY with a capital D. Lord.

So, let's hope my car starts later.

On to see what else will happen today...

No comments: