Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Never thought I'd be happy to hear I was old.

Yeah, can't believe it, but it's true. Went for a second opinion on the RA diagnosis I got a few years back. Dr says, "no" your just 40. HAHAHAHA!!! Good news! I was downright giddy after hearing that! So, the depression has lifted. I can look at doing the things that I have been thinking about now. It's like being told you don't have cancer- to me anyway.

I worked Lucy again. This time I put a line on her when we were driving. She had gotten bad in flanking back and forth- these are heavier sheep. As soon as the line was on, she fell right into the correct position. It was good.

I was lamenting about trials to a friend of mine, and one who I greatly respect, and admire. They said that we all have to pay our dues- "I know", I said, as I kicked some dirt. Then, they went on to say that Lucy has the best outrun and lift in the novice classes. That was very nice to hear. Yeah, I know just novice, but still, a compliment is a compliment and I will take it. Then, they said (and I said this before, but to hear someone who knows what they are talking about, say it was, shall we say- extremely awesome) " She will never quit, will never back down and always brings her sheep". I still get a bit wispy when I hear/read this. Is there any better compliment for a sheepdog? Seriously? I have, in Lucy, the definition of sheepdog. Yeah, I said that.

Lucy may not be real flashy, though sometimes she is, and she may not be the most stylish, though sometimes she is, and she certainly may not be of royal blood (though some of it is), but she is a sheepdog who will do my bidding wherever, whenever, and will never fail me. I don't think I can say much more than that.

Danny is still coveting his balls- GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER! I am looking at getting some ducks this week. To heck with the mess- my dogs need work! Maybe we will have the ducks do agility...

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

"Danny is still coveting his balls - GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!"

ROFLMAO! I am dying here...dying of laughter!!!