Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oh my GAWD

Last night I heard the kitten (well, now he's a cat) on the bird cage. The bird cage is a large bird cage, big enough for a large parrot, that houses two run of the mill Parakeets- Lucy and Ricky. Well, anyway, I heard him on there, chastised him, but didn't look at what he was doing and then shut the door to that room and went to bed. This morning was the same as any other- uneventful. Anyway, I get home today, and look at the bird cage. OH MY GAWD. The top is completely open. The cage has a roof that has two sides, and they slide open so the birds can come and go, should you wish (I DON'T wish!). The birds appeared fine, but I almost had a heart attack seeing that. Thank goodness that the cat didn't get either of the birds. Anyway, I quickly shut the top, and will now, I suppose really have to check things out when I hear that darn cat on their cage...

Not feeling particularly energetic today. Too bad, because I could be doing leaves. Well, maybe not because I got a blister by raking last weekend... Yeah, any old excuse will do...

I am reading a book by James Herriot- entitled "Every Living Thing" which is a conclusion to his vastly popular series- All Things Great and Small...
It is very good, and I suppose I will be finished with it by the weekend. Just in time to find another book- but I am picky, so maybe I will make this one last....

Other than the above, that's it for now folks. No new dogs, no working dogs, no nothing, just boring old regular life.

2 comments:

Darci said...

I was at a flea market this summer, and found 2 hard cover Herriot books, All Creatures Great and Small, and The Best of J.H. both in great shape for 4 bucks! I only have his works in paperback, and really was happy to find those to ad to my book collection. Every once in awhile on a sunday evening, I happen upon the TV series on UNC tv. Love to watch those. He told some great stories about his life, with some unforgettable characters.

Dancing shepherdess said...

My mom and I used to sit and watch "Creatures" together when I lived nearer my parents. Nothing but good memories there. This is a great book- soft cover, but you ought to get it.