Monday, October 13, 2008

Back to working my lass

I worked Lucy this weekend. It was a lovely lovely thing. I can't believe how much I missed working her. She is the bomb. At first, Lucy believed that the down, as in the action, was merely an adjective, to describe say, the weather? But, after we established that down was an IMPERATIVE, things went much much better. When Lucy's two parents got together, the gene for response to "down" was either left out, or sufficiently damaged, as to not allow this to happen with ease. I feel better now that I have blamed it on something OTHER than me ;)

We did lots of driving, and. Lucy is ripe for this work, and is even pretty square on her flanks. The sheep were moving calmly, for the most part, and that is the picture I have so longed to see.

At one point we took a break, and I sent Lucy to "get a drink" which means go get a drink- which to her means jump in the water tub. Well, she must have lost her footing, because she came back drenched- head and all. Too funny Lucy- are you cooled off properly now?

When we got home I proceeded to rake some leaves, and do some housework, followed up by vegging in front of the tv. A rather nice way to end a busy weekend.

No comments: