Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Everything's cool, for now

It sure is nice to be back to normal life. All the dogs seem to be back in the swing. Lucy is back to her snotty ways with Nikke. But, this time, I think Lucy got the picture. I just won't allow that behaviour anymore, period. Sort of a zero tolerance attitude. I think I have finally learned, that Kelpies may need that sort of thing. Kelpies are not push over dogs- not hard headed, but surely have a mind of their own, and you need, unlike what I did, to rein them in as youngsters, or you fight with them all the way. Once you have that agreement for proper behaviour, you are Golden. Ah, the things we learn along the way.


I took apart my vacuum last night. The switch is broken and it won't shut off. I never did get the switch addressed- mainly took my time figuring out how to put the darn thing back together! The belt is also toast- that horrible smell, and a half eaten through belt- I have to get a new one. This vacuum, while it has great suction, is built rather cheaply. Bummer. I don't want to have to buy another. The carpet in the bedroom will be pulled up in the next month- mark my words. There is just no padding left under it, and it is something like 20 years old- it NEEDS to go. Now, what to do? Laminate? Carpet? Probably carpet, as it is cheaper than laminate. Thought I have even thought about Marmoleum, wherein it looks like wood, but cleans like linoleum.

I have to get the door back up on the crawlspace of the house- I don't want critters getting/staying in there. Imagine if a skunk went under there and sprayed. YIKES!


I am getting excited about the clinic later this month. I have decided to get to the town a night early, so I don't have such a long drive before the clinic. My body just doesn't kick into high gear after a long trip anymore. I think there is a restaurant at the hotel- but if not, we will do fast food- whatever, I just can't wait to learn from someone as great as Derek. Lucy has been working very well- it goes to show just how much she learned from her sheep boot camp. That lass seems to have matured a ton.
I hope that she maintains her calmness, and we aren't too embarrassed.

After the clinic there is one trial I would like to go to- and that is it for the year. I have decided that we will not be trialing anymore until I have solid whistles on her, and will run her in pro-novice, no more novice. I just think that we need to strive for open, or at least ranch before we get back out there. If that means that we don't trial again, for a looooong time, so be it. It takes time, but I do learn.

This weekend is the sheep and wool festival trial. I always look forward to this- a small trial, and everyone has a good time. Plus it is like 20 mins from my house- SWEET :)

Well, that's my update for now. I don't have any pics or anything interesting, but I am working on it.

No comments: