Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Bad neighbors

I have a bad neighbor. How is he bad you ask? Well, the biggest problem I have with him is his complete lack of respect/courtesy for ANYONE around him. This lack of respect is manifested in his having to work outside and on his back hoe at oh, something like 9:00. EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, he goes out on the back hoe and tools around. GOD KNOWS WHAT he is doing. It would not be a big deal, except he does this not more than 30 feet from my house. It is a one lane road (and dead end). So, the noise thing is really an issue, and has been for 11+ years (enough to grate on anyone eh?). Then, there is his pig sty, aka yard/lot. He has taken over the entire road, both sides across from him (and abutting my property) all the way to the end of the road. He has piles of garbage, wood, metal, unregistered vehicles, you name it- and THAT'S just on the side of the road. Then, two years ago, he bought the land across from me, which used to be woods, which by the way, every year he cleared a little more, to put his crap on. Anyway, he cleared it, filled and and promptly placed his 1) Boats which are no longer water tight, and have been removed of operating parts for his other boats 2) At least 6 jet skis. An old oil tank, a broken hot tub, an old camping trailer, parts of broken trailers, piles of construction debris, and just general crap and corruption. It looks like a combination saw mill (minus the country charm) and salvage yard. Oh, lets not forget the multiple cars, all not registered. All of this is a mere 30 feet from my front door. It is EMBARRASSING. People who visit me actually feel BAD for me. Why, I even saw a couple of unsavory characters walk by- and THEY made comments about the mess. I honestly think I could win a contest for piggiest neighbor. Oh, and by the way, he doesn't have a real job (he is a handyman when he feels like working) and he lives with mommy. Nice, real nice.
I have dreams that one day that property will sink under the weight of all that crap. Dare to dream, I know.

1 comment:

Darci said...

Ha! Sounds like he and my DH with his ever growing ferreted away piles of God knows what he'll bring home next would get along just great! I feel your pain, though we havent gotten to that level yet, give him a few more years, and We'll be hanging Sanford and Son like sign on the place. What is it with men collecting junk??