Saturday, October 4, 2008

How can you run out of those?


This morning I had moved my car so that the person installing my furnace could park his van in my driveway. As I moved my car forward, I looked at the house. I saw green blotches- YUCK. Apparently, the pollen/who knows what? is attaching itself to my pretty new siding. It is gross. So gross that I immediately got my scrub brush, and the hose and started cleaning it off. It came off very easily, but since the whole house should be done, I figured I would finally just BUY my own power washer. I go to home depot and see a few of them, and one small electric one flanked by HUGE gas powered ones. I soon learned from a salesperson that they don't have any more of the electric ones. NONE. Great. So, that stinks. I will see if I can borrow one from my family... I did get the majority of the green off, so it looks better, but now I want to give the whole house a wash.

Since was already out, I decided to get the cat food I needed, stop and take some pics of a field, and also head to the dog food place. Oh, I also got gas for the mower- for one last mow job this year, so it will be easier to rake. Oh, and I picked up tin foil- I can't believe how expensive THAT is now. Everything is just out of control.

Since the furnace isn't installed yet, it is cold in my house. I woke up to 55 degrees. It isn't HEINOUS but it is chilly. That's the temp I want to keep it at all winter, but I don't know if I can. Right now, I'm fixing to turn on and open the oven for just a little heat. Fall is nice, except for the cold temps. I also spent a fair amount of time worrying about Lucy. I sure hope she is warm enough. She has very little hair on her... Well, better put that out of my mind....

No comments: