Thursday, October 23, 2008

My kitten, er, cat

I brought him home just about a year ago. He was ostensibly obtained to help with my mouse problem in the attic. Ginger, my old kitty was never a hunter, and so, I thought I could pop him up there, and he would dispatch the disgusting creatures. No, he has never been in the attic. He was a bottle baby- fostered by some loving people before his eyes opened, and whomever they are- THANK YOU. He is just the most wonderful kitten, er, cat. I just adore him. Never thought I could love a cat like I do Ginger, and maybe I do love Ginger just a tad bit more, but not much.

He is very dog-like in his behaviour. He likes to lay with the dogs, sleep where they usually sleep when they aren't there, and beg for food like them. He stalks Ginger like Kylie and Lucy, and he is just generally non-cat-like.

He is also, at times extremely loving- on his terms. He is never unfriendly, but sometimes he just craves attention- usually when I am at the computer, or looking out a window...

He has a game he plays with me every night. At the end of the day I have to close up the spare room where the birds are, and that means he has to come out. When he sees me "coming for him", he skedaddles to either under my chair, or the hutch and rolls around so I can't get a grip. I used to think he was just being a pill, but now I know it is just his little game he likes to play on me.

Here is a video of our little evening ritual. Please forgive my constant "Meow, come on"- I didn't know how annoying my voice could be!

No comments: