Saturday, April 2, 2011

This is a photo of the falls at the old mill near our farm. I used to walk there as a kid and just watch the falls


Here is a recent shot of the lambs- not all inclusive, but you can see that they are growing and now that they are outside, they have more space to run.


Can't believe it's been a week since I blogged- it has been very busy. I got the dogs to their spring check ups, and everyone is well. Danny was proclaimed "beautiful" by the vet, and he weights 39 lbs. Lucy is 36, Kylie a whopping 45 and Nikke, at fat 34 lbs. Kylie doesn't look/feel fat, so she really is just a bigger dog. Danny nailed her (his herding behaviour again) right before we left for the vet, and when we got there I found her ear with a tear or two in it, and she was put on antibiotics.

My sheep are doing well- trimming feet as I go. Soon I will be able to leave them out but not for a while. Still no real grass growing. I seeded the pasture today, so I hope to heck it starts growing soon!

John's lambs are doing well. Growing and outside. Today we put together a creep feeder for them. Four yearlings were sold to a woman today, and I put them in her sub compact- back seat- for her. Odd, but true.

I continue to work Danny, we need to start to learn how to shed, and also get our whistles solid, but other than that, he's doing amazingly well. It's like, well, simple for him, therefore, simple for me. He's really just a great dog to work.

Tomorrow not sure what I will do, probably end up working at the farm, John's and maybe get some yard work done at the house. I need to clean too.

Well, that's it, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments: