Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today... Well, I met with the brother of the person who was picking up the fleece, and it's all gone and I have some cash in my pocket- which will have to go to groceries. Poor I am lately. Poor I will be. Ho hum.

Anyway, I worked Danny just a little today as it was HOT. About 82 degrees. The yearlings just can't accept the bug thing and keep running next to the barn for solace. As I returned from my walk with Danny, I see what I think are two yearlings who had gotten out of the field. That field is high tensile wire that is not charged, and apparently they are quite adept at snaking through it. The one yearling ran right back in when she saw me, but the other took a bit of convincing, and then went THROUGH the fence, instead of through the gate I had open. This leads me to believe that they are desiring good grass enough to fight fences, so as it stands, they got their last bale of hay today (leftover 2nd cutting which they LOVE). So, tomorrow is moving day- move over the water, and set up hoses. I need to get the barnyard fence up (brother has a friend who will do this) ASAP, so they can get to barn if they want- they appear to love the barn...

In any case, I will get everything set up tomorrow, and move them out in the field they belong. I should wait another couple of days, maybe I will... I just don't want the new grass ruined...

On the way home after dropping off the fleece, I picked Lucy up. Everything went fine, and the bill was less than I thought it would be. Imagine that! Lucy was hyper in the car, and when I stopped by John's on the way home- she barked for me. That is unusual, but she's out of sorts. The ewes and lambs were turned out today, and as I got there, John was using his golf cart to herd them back in... We need to fix his fence!

Pete was put down this morning. John's farm hand was there, and he led Pete out to the hole vicinity (after they gave a bit of ACE to him to make him less painful on the walk), and then it was done. John was gratified he didn't have to be there, and I cannot blame him one bit. His farm hand cried, and I would have too. He nickers at you, you know? He was a sweet old horse.

So, today I have done a little bit of cleaning, but I need to get cracking on putting the new floor down and I need to put the paintings back up etc.

Thunderstorms forecasted for Weds/Thurs. Oh, better get a pen set up so Danny actually knows what I want for a pen.

No comments: