Thursday, April 7, 2011

So, this week has been going well. Got the seed in the pasture yesterday, and worked Danny just a little bit- only working now on whistles, a little each day. Sheep are keen to come back out of training pasture for their hay, which is a bit surprising seeing as there is grass growing there now.

Last night I started watching the Derek Scrimgeour dvds that John lent me. The first one is "A Hill Shepherd....". So far so good. Scenery is also quite beautiful. Danny can't be in the room with me when I watch this stuff (and neither can Lucy) as there are whistles and commands that they cannot perform, and I think it really bugs them...

Getting psyched for the lessons I have scheduled with different trainers. May/June is going to be busy for Danny, Lucy and I. I think, no, I KNOW I am the one who really needs the work.

Was raining this morning when I got up- should have known- the dogs did not stir at all before it was time to get up. They must hear the rain. This is good for the seed I put in. Now, we need days of bright sunshine and nights of some rain to get things really going.

I was thinking the other day about where I am now, and where I am going.... I think I am already there... Odd to say. But, I don't feel like I have to prove anything to anyone, and my goals have pretty much been met. Whatever I do from here on out, will be with an eye toward it being something I enjoy, and not a "must". Of course there are goals for my house, but that's pretty mundane.

I guess I am just in a more settled place than I was a few years back. I do think getting the sheep did help me to re-balance where I wanted to be. Takes the time from wondering WHAT'S next, to getting on with it.

I don't envy folks who are always striving for that next achievement, or to impress others, or any other such folly. Basically, life is what you make of it. It's not always fun, or exciting, but at the end of the day, if you can say, "yes, I am happy", then you have made it.

No comments: