Monday, April 25, 2011



Shearer came on Saturday morning. Turns out the punky yearling was fine when I checked her before he got there, and all the yearlings fought equally hard, so I guess the worming did the trick. Sheep all look so much smaller now. It's amazing the difference. Two of the fleeces' have been paid for and picked up, and tomorrow, the rest goes.

Danny is getting fitter and fitter. Today, after our second lap around the outside of the field, Danny took off ahead and in the matter of just about 1-2 minutes, made another lap and came galloping up from behind me. He's pretty incredible.

Lucy was spayed. Yes, I decided that the odds of me finding a decent male to breed her to, coupled with the fact that I am just not set up to raise puppies, PLUS that she is getting older, I just decided to do what I felt is right. I do regret it a bit, but what can I do? It's done.

John's horse Pete will be put down tomorrow at 8:00 am. His daughter and he had a row over him shooting Pete, so I contacted my vet friend who will come by and euthanize him tomorrow. He came by on Easter to check to see if anything could be done, but his legs are just completely shot. That horse (with no pain meds on board) is pretty much down all the time. He is able to move around today, but still limps, even with all that pain medication. Very sad. He's a very nice horse.

Supposed to hit 80 tomorrow. I do not like that idea, but spring is just a weird time of year. Oh, and thanks, if you did- for praying for my grass to grow- it is :)

Well, that's it for now.

2 comments:

Dangerous Dreams Farm said...

There is a nice intact male Kelpie in KS. Can run an Open course (800+ yrd outrun). Excellent farm dog that can move anything. You just have to be patient when searching for a stud.

Dancing shepherdess said...

I know they exist, but so far, (two full years of searching) the dogs I found were not suitable- due to things from health, temperament and working ablity. My dog is getting older, and I won't keep her in tact until she's too old to breed if I can't find a decent male. Not worth her health risk. I also will not breed her to any dogs with yard blood, so that diminishes my gene pool...