Thursday, August 30, 2012

What a difference a few hours makes!

I had a Dr. appointment yesterday.  Now,  I have lost a bit of weight, but not more than I gained, so the net result was that the Dr said, "a few pounds, but nothing to worry about, especially if you have been busy working outside". What Dr says that???  Then, when I go to pay my co-pay, I learn that there IS NO co-pay for annual visits.  Wow, another bonus...

Later in the day I head out to work my dogs.  I especially wanted to work Joe.  I brought him in there on a long line and went to my sheep and he went around so nice and worked so nice I honestly couldn't believe it.  He was so focused and "on" but not crazy.  I actually hoped someone had seen it besides me.  I think we are to the point where he needs more difficult sheep....  He is pushy on the fetch, but I can get him to cool it if I need to.  I want to keep as much dog as I can in him, because I think it's important that these young dogs are allowed to feel their sheep and actually work them.  Otherwise they just become robots, who are afraid to come in, or wait for commands to do so.

Anyway, on the way home I heard great music on the radio- American Pie, Mustang Sally, and Stairway to Heaven to name a few.  It was a great ending to a great day.


No comments: