Thursday, August 23, 2012

Well, the week is flying by.  Got my electric bill- good grief.  Never had such a big bill.  This has been an incredibly humid summer.  I guess I am just glad I HAVE a/c!  Worked Joe and Dan yesterday. Joe's about ready to work my sheep and Dan and I have been working on shedding.  He's getting it because I am getting it.  I turn and face the ones I want him to shed off before I call him in, as if I don't he just goes into push mode, which just makes them go past me, which completely prevents a shed.  It only took me FOREVER to see that.  He's good natured about my stupidity though.

It's getting to be time for the ram to be interested in the girls.  Last year it was much better as I just had the ram go in in October.  I don't have anyone to separate him and keep him with, and I don't want him totally freaked out being alone, so I hope it continues warm out for a while and he does not get busy until later in Sept.  I don't like not knowing when lambs are due, but short of putting him in the other field for say, three weeks, which I could do... but he would be alone, and that is not fair, I don't know what to do.  Maybe put him in there with the smallest ewe lambs...  I probably should haven't sold the wether....  Well, if I complain about winter lambs....

I am still working out when I am going to get to the fair.  Money is tight this week, and it will remain so until some big bills get paid by mid October.  Every year this is the way it is.  I suppose for the next 40 years, God willin' and the creek don't rise, that's how it will be.

Well, that's the update for now.  Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: