Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I spoke with the guy who I bought my ram lamb from last night. He has some lambs (last year's model) and some bred ewes for sale. I am interested in them, but I have concern about the bred ewes and handling them as they are not dog broke. I don't want to stress them, and I don't want to risk Dan having to deal with three angry momma ewes... I have to figure this one out. They all twinned last year, so it should be a good deal.

I need to up the food my girls are getting, as I noticed yesterday, when I scored the older girls, that all had lost a little weight, and that's not cool. So, I will up the grain a bit and perhaps feed a bit more hay. They seem to leave a little each day, so I thought that was fine. It really pays to check your sheep regularly.

I have been really tired lately, and not into doing stuff around the house. Maybe just winter funk. I don't know. Got my tax bill, and going to pay that today. Taxes stink. No one really OWNS a house.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: