Friday, March 4, 2011

Yesterday. Phew. The tree guy was there before me. I donned my foot warmers, boots and off we went. About 15 minutes in I had to add hand warmers. It was only in the teens. So cold. But, the toe and hand warmers did the trick and we were able to get a fair amount done. Still loads to do, and we cannot move all that we removed from the pasture, until the ground allows us- right now the snow banks are too high getting to the lane and the hill too steep to get near the pasture....

When I got home I was walking like Tim Conway. Very tired. I don't mind physical work like that at all, but man, I am out of shape! The field will be much better for it though. Some of the over grown areas are no longer that way and next will be removal of the rest of the ever green trees in the back part of the pasture. It's an ideal time to remove trees/brush because there are no leaves on anything. Also, you don't get hot ;)

Ginger appears to be getting a little better. She can breathe a bit easier. I hate when my animals get sick, any of them. Oh, and I got the bill for the vet visit to my sheep. WHOO BOY. $238.00. I plan to have a whole lot more on hand next time and not over-react. Another bill to pay, yeah ;(

This weekend, I *may* work the dogs. MIRACLE of miracles!!!!! Danny will be sooo happy!

I have decided, given the cost of entry fees, that running just one dog is all I can afford. With gas what it is, and all my expenses with the sheep, I cannot afford both. So some trials it will be Danny and some Lucy. I need a sponsor ;)

So, that's my update. Hope everyone had a great week, and looks forward like I do, to a great weekend!

No comments: