Friday, March 18, 2011

This morning, I left work early with intentions to work Danny at a friend's place, and intentions actually happened!

On the way to my friend's place I first stopped at my sheep and gave them their hay, and treated old squinty to her eye ointment. Her other non cloudy eye is BUGGING her and she was NOT happy about me holding her and trying to get ointment into her eye. I hope her eye sight does not leave her, or she will have to go. All other sheep seem fine at this point.

Then, we headed out to friend's place. On the way, I was listening to some great country music, and just basically enjoying breaking the usual routine for the past several months.

When I got there, we did a few outruns, and then some driving. Dang it if Danny was not just about as good as well, better than I could have imagined- this is with all these months off, and at a strange-ish place! I was so happy. Wow. He has come so far.

On the way home I stopped by John's. The twins are still with mom in their jug, and seem to be fine. I watered everyone and then John came home. We chatted a bit, I shared with him how Danny did well, and he shared with me that he finally found his utility trailer. After chatting a bit, I headed home and commenced cleaning up the yard, and then got out my rake and seed spreader for work at the pasture tomorrow.

Tomorrow, it's work, then grocery store, then farm to rake rake rake, and seed, if it is not too windy. Seed is ASTRONOMICALLY expensive, so I don't want it blowing away.

Right now I am pretty beat, and Danny is just a little tired, and Lucy she is, because well, she's had a busy day too! So, going to sign off and start chilling for the night. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: