Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Rain today, which really stinks, as my yard is about as wet as it needs to get. The water table is up to the level of the grass.... Danny will run through it, so my house is getting trashed.

Sheep are doing well- they are out of shape from not being worked, but then, it slows them down a bit- they run too easy. The Border Leicesters are good for driving work, but that's basically it. The Cheviots are good for fetching because they are not people lovers. I may end up keeping the BLs because if I can't get the price I think they are worth, I won't sell them- and just breed them in the fall.

On my way home yesterday, I stopped at John's and one ewe had just delivered a nice lamb. She was in the shed where all the not quite moms are. Then, all the other sheep came in and it got a bit confusing for mom and baby. So, I picked up baby and making sure mom could see, brought baby and mom into the "family room" as I call it- the area in the barn with moms/babies. Looks good. I stayed for a good long while as it seems I just can't get enough of watching the lambs.

I think I have just about adjusted to the time change. Dogs, not so much. The fall time change is worse for me- I get up early for MONTHS.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: