Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The work in the field is done. It cost me an arm and a leg, but finally, there is no brush to block the views, and the dead trees are gone, as are a few ever green trees, one of which was GINORMOUS. I mean HUGE. It took about 1.5 hours for three people to move it to the burn pile a few feet away. I am serious. Now, there should be a lot less problem with ticks on the sheep, and they can't hide behind things when I work them. I will still use the other field for practice, but now this field is another choice- PLUS there will be more grass to eat, now that the evergreens aren't blocking the sunlight.

Danny and Lucy hung out in the car while we worked, and when we were done, I let them out to run. Danny was just embulliant. At one point he was running toward a burn pile, and I called his name- he slammed on the brakes and ran back to me as happy as a dog can be. He is SUCH a good boy.

The sheep are feeling frisky. When I fed them yesterday, they were stotting about like baby lambs.

Today is nice, but rain Thurs/Fri. Yuck. Well, I guess March is just like that- fickle, and not usually in a good way.

Will take pics of my new and improved field today :)

No comments: