Thursday, March 17, 2011

A nice day!!!!!!! I now great each day with an impending feeling of HAPPINESS!!!! So awesome to look forward to things, and not be dreading another freezing, rotten weather day.

Worked Danny a short time yesterday- but we stopped early because one ewe was limping. Brought them in and checked every one's feet. The ewes are so big, getting them on their hiney's causes them to have a hard time breathing- fatties. One had a chunk broken on the outside of the foot that I cut off. Then, I noticed another with a cloudy eye- that is new. I have some anti-biotic ointment I will dose her with today- forgot I had it yesterday. I hope I can find it. Still keeping the sheep in their smaller pen, as the field is not growing yet. Need to rake up there- I keep saying that....

Lambs a-plenty at John's. Again, another brand new lamb when I got there yesterday- moved her and mom into the group barn room- she was more nervous than the other mother, but we got it done. BIG lamb. Already bigger than some that are a couple days older.

Working Danny again today. I want to work on having the sheep sort of run off, and have him gather, so he has to think about where the sheep are as he goes out. He goes plenty deep, but if the sheep leave, he seems a bit on auto-pilot to get to top. Not sure if that is good... I wonder if sometimes when I set him up, I just don't give him enough time to see the sheep. Who knows. I have also decided to use him, for now anyway, for all the farm work. He needs it more than Lucy, and I think it will be good for him.


I am a bit tired today, I have no idea why. I did remember to wear green today too!

Well, that's all folks!

No comments: