Saturday, July 24, 2010

What do you do in 110 heat index?

Weeeeeellll, not much, I would say! That's the prediction 'round these parts. Oy vey, it means people will shuffle in and out of a/c, just like in Florida!

Truth be told, I am working today, and afterward, going to look at some sheep down the road from me. They are a mix of, get this: Romanov, Merino, Dorset and Texel, oh, and some Dorper. Should be interesting. I told the guy I wanted to wait until after the fair to pick them up, because I don't want to risk anything being brought in to my sheep.

Later today we are meeting at my parent's place to have a small birthday party for my nephew, and then, that's it. Really nothing more than running errands, and that sort of thing. I will not be working dogs. The temp is supposed to cool down to 89 on Monday- yahoo. This summer has been one long heat wave. They forecast that it will remain this way for the foreseeable future, which means we will fry at the fair. Good thing we will be near the dock diving :)

I wonder, should I be making it a priority to let my sheep in the barn? It seems people are doing this. I just worry about foot problems. The cows like to get in the barn to avoid the heat, but my LORD the mess they make. What do you all think? I still need to finish the alley way up to the barn, and then the corral area too (which I will use for both keeping sheep and training).

Oh, baby Budgies went to their new home last night. A woman contacted me, and is a stay at home wife/mother, and knows her stuff. I just couldn't keep them. Dad is a bit shell shocked this morning, but it's for the best.

Well, that's it for now.

2 comments:

Karen said...

If it's cooler in the barn, and the sheep want to be in there with that horrible heat, I'd sure be letting them in there:)
Wow, that sure is some heat!

Dancing shepherdess said...

I wish I could- need to finish the fencing to the barn. They seem fine under their trees. They get to laze around.