Monday, July 12, 2010

And so it goes

The heat wave broke, and we got all of about 1/4" of water. That's so much less than we needed, it's a crime. The forecast this week calls for chances of thundershowers here and there, but, well, that's cold comfort.

I body scored my sheep and they are all fine. They hang around under the trees- unless I go in the pasture and then they follow me like I am the pied piper- and eat along the way. They are very pet like sheep. It's going to be warm today, but compared to last week, it is sort of tenable.

I worked Danny and Lucy the other day. Lucy got to help while we vaccinated a few lambs- Lucy is very good at covering and holding and now, also just being calm and steady when we are busy with one. That's a very nice thing.

Danny did well, though he appeared to have a sore foot so we stopped. I thought he might have gotten stung by a bee, so I gave him a Benadryl, and didn't work him again. He's right as rain today, so that's good.

No tree work, but really we are 90% done, so I don't want the guy back until we can get it all done. The pile will remain until it is safer to burn.

I found a dead long tailed weasel yesterday at the farm. Hadn't see them before.

This week I may try and work my sheep in the back part of the pasture, even with Danny- we will see. He could use some big boy work, gathering flighty sheep and driving too.

The baby Parakeets are about ready to go. They are eating on their own, and more independent. Mother is in the box again. She's definitely into being a mom.

Well, that's all for now.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Do you have some before and after pictures of the sheep field?? Would love to see what it looked like with all of the trees and now with most of them gone.