Tuesday, July 6, 2010

B Ts

B Ts are my version of bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches. I leave off the lettuce, as it's just not necessary :)

So, on my way home yesterday, I stopped at the market, got some small ripe-on-the-vine tomatoes, and bacon for lunch/dinner. I don't eat much during the summer- mainly because I have a reduced appetite, generally, and it's too hot to cook much.

When I got home, I made an executive decision to not run the dogs outside. Danny got hot just being a numb skull when I let everyone out. I did let Lucy and Danny hang around outside, and when I went to let them in a while later, Lucy was wet from having been in the stock tank, and Danny emerged from under the deck. Both he and Nikke get that it is much cooler under the deck, so that's where they hang out if it's really sunny/hot.

Yesterday morning *something* had been in the yard. Danny grumbled/barked when we went out and all the dogs were sniffing around. I didn't think much about it, until I saw that Mr C (boy kitty) was very worried about going out, so I left him in. There was much smelling on the deck and also near the stock tank, so maybe a skunk? A cat? I don't know...

This morning after I let the dogs back in, and Mr. C out, I was just about to let Mr C back in, when I see him intently staring at something. It was a gray squirrel drinking out of the stock tank. I haven't seen that before. But, with this weather, well, I bet lots of animals need that tank for water/cooling off.

Yesterday I headed to the farm to do usual stuff, and I checked the water tank. It was lower than I had ever seen it. Mainly, I suspect due to the protein block I gave the sheep, thusly making them more thirsty, and also, from all the heat.

I also found that the cows had somehow gotten into the main section of the barn and made a huge mess. The area I had swept up into neat piles, and other things I had done were just trashed by cow plops, and also, they knocked over my neat piles of other things. Thankfully, there is a door on my section, and also a gate, and head stanchions that make a nice wall, so to bolster the gate, I put a metal cabinet in front of it. I will have to get my friend over and get that place cleaned out, and ready for the winter, and make sure those da** cows don't get in there.

Sheep are doing fine, hot, but fine. No dog work with them for the immediate future, and no more tree work, because frankly, it's too darn hot to do anything. Forecast is for 100 degrees F today, and then you add the heat index. Fawgettaboutit.

That's it for now- stay cool everyone!

No comments: