Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hurtin' for certain

When I got the corn out for the steers the other day, I had to climb down into a hole and back out. Not sure if that's why I was hurting, but I know it exacerbated my issues with my quad attachments to my knees. See, my knees are fine, but those tendons are out of control tight/painful. Makes getting up and down a real misery. I can walk fine and even getting up from less than 90 degrees is okay, but otherwise, it's real mind over matter, it bothers that much. So, that night, after feeding the steers I spent a lot of it ruing my sore knees! Stinks to get old. Oh well, enough complaining- they are better today.


I worked my dogs yesterday. Hot and humid. Ick. Sheep were not interested, and even Lucy got way hot. It's been a long period of hot/humid weather. I sure hope that the demos at the fair aren't tarnished by either rain, or unbearable heat/humidity. It will make the shows very short.

I think I injured, or maybe the sheep did first, two bunnies in the field. One bunny couldn't hop, but I herded him out of the field near a shed, and then I heard the same type of scream again, and there was ANOTHER baby bunny. SO STINKING CUTE!!!!! I picked up the little guy and put him with his brother/sister (who had his/her head jammed under the shed). I doubt they will make it, but I tried. Rabbit dens are insane- they are just in the ground in deep grass, and that makes them easy pickings for getting stepped on.

I got some video of Lucy and Danny working, and will put the links up soon. Lucy would NOT drive down toward pressure yesterday, and I lost my temper. She's never done that. Danny did fine, but it appears he either lacks confidence now, or will be weak as dishwater, so not necessarily the best working day.

Oh, and the best part!!!!!!!!!!! We got (and are still getting) RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: