Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy (late) Independence day

I hope everyone is having a great weekend, and spending time to be grateful for our country, and all the privileges she offers. I have no time for folks who are not proud of America, who in their great insolence state that they are embarrassed, or otherwise feeling the need to distance themselves with this country. To those people, I say "Leave, please, and do it now" Go somewhere where you can feel "proud" of "your" country. Make another country yours, please.

We have so much given to us, in the form of rights and pleasures, in this country, I find it unconscionable that people would spit in the face of it. It *really* irks me. Most of the folks who engage in such disgraceful conduct, have never been over seas, and seen even in the more affluent countries, how much fewer rights, and privileges they are afforded.

So, the next time someone wants to be embarrassed about being an American, please, do us Americans a favor, and emigrate. It would save a lot on both sides.

Last night I watched "Capitol 4th" which was great as usual. I really enjoy that program, and I wish it were longer.

There were some fireworks going off nearby, and I had to put Nikke and Kylie in their crates in the spare room. I was going to leave them there for the night, but Mr C (the kitty) couldn't be without his Kylie, and meowed to get in there with her, so I let them out, and kitty and Kylie slept together. Very sweet.

Baby Parakeets are sleeping in the box at night, and coming out during the day, and dad still feeds them. This has been a slow fledge! They look good though.

Today, after work, not sure what I will do. If it's really hot, nothing outside, but if not, I may work at the farm.

Well, that's it for now!

No comments: