Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bust of a birthday

I think my birthday this year, ranks up there as the worst. First, I was in no condition to do anything. I WAY overdid it on Sunday, and by yesterday (my birthday) I could not even stay upright after work. I just couldn't. Generally, my family doesn't do much for birthdays. My siblings usually call, and my mother has a card for me (and my twin sister). This year, my mother is away, so I didn't hear from her, but I thought I would hear from my dad. Nope, nothing. How could he have forgotten TWO birthdays? It's not that I am looking for anything, just a simple Happy Birthday.

I woke up this morning and realized that he never called, and thought that at some point, I should get used to it, because my parents won't be around forever.

Sometimes it's nice to have a special someone in your life, on these odd times when human kindness and love add a depth of joy to your life. But, well, what can I do about it? Get over it.

I am still quite tired today. I think most of this week will be like that. I am DYING to get out to the farm to take pics of the pasture, but it will have to wait. I will be getting another bird cage to put the Parakeet babies in. They are messing with mom's new nest, and causing stress to mom, plus, they are crazy!

Well, that's all folks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!