Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cheating

Yes. I am. I am using both hands to type. Please note that my shoulder is in the correct immobile position, but still, it feels great to type normally!!!

This week's weather has been just great. Still very wet ground, but no snow :) Well, maybe some small banks here and there, but the yards are just about clear of it. Going to rain Thurs-Sun, so that ought to make one huge mess.

Brought all the dogs in for their spring check ups- Heart worm checks, and physicals. Nikke had blood work for her surgery tomorrow. Kylie is 5 lbs heavier than her last weigh in (fatty!). Lucy is 37 lbs, Danny is 35. Danny I think growled at his reflection at the vet's door, but once we were in there, he was okay. When he first went into the room, he was a bit nervous, but a cookie made him friends with everyone. The vet went to school in Scotland, so she has seen lots of Border Collies.

The vet doing Nikke's surgery wanted to talk with me before he did. He remarked that the tumor, but basically it's a prolapse of her rectum, but not quite, is much larger than it had been, and we may have problems with infection, or it (the repair) not holding up... But, we've no choice. It has to be done. They offered to board Nikke over night, free of charge, so I took them up on it, since the clinic is 1/2 hour the opposite direction of work. So, I pick her up tomorrow.

The bill was just a hair under $500.00, for just the three dogs. I can't imagine what it will be for Nikke's surgery. They are NOT cheap.

Well, that's it for now- my shoulder's hurting.

No comments: