Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bought the farm, er, fence

This morning I awoke, and slowly I rose. It is my day off, and I want to savor the slow rise. After morning chores, I made some very good coffee, heated up some sticky buns, and just relaxed, and just so happened to see the Tractor Supply catalog on line. The sale for fencing. ends today. ENDS TODAY. This was like a burning beacon to me. I HAD to do something. Fence that I wanted was $30.00 off a roll. Add that fact, to the email my sister sent me that she saw on a list she was on, with the title "hobby farm after 40?", and I knew I had to jump in with both boots on. So, I popped Danny and Lucy in the car, and headed out to TS.

When I got there, the atmosphere was light, and happy. Everyone was in spring mode. I spied two black bunnies for sale. Nope, not here for them. I then looked at the magazines, and then, finally, headed up to the check out line to point out in the circular which fence I wanted, and while I waited my turn, the nice check out girl was trying to interest her neighbor in a 3.5 year old Bull she had for sale; something about him being interested in his daughters... I felt like this was right. Like this investment was the right thing to do. So, I told the check out girl that I wanted this particular fence, and I paid. I walked out feeling so empowered. It's hard to describe. No, I am not debt free, but this is an investment in something that I want, not a necessity, but actually, it is. I long to be closer to my family on a daily basis. I long to sit in a field with my sheep, and decompress. It's all just right.

After I left TS, knowing I would come back tomorrow to pick up the fence, I headed up to my parents' home town, and the farm where I will put the fence in. I then parked and waited in the parking lot for Church. The same Church I was confirmed in, and in which my mother and sister are on the council of. It was a very nice service.

After that, I headed to my parents for a short visit, and then stopped at the farm, where for the life of me I could not locate my brother. I took another look at the pasture/wooded area that I am fencing, and headed home.

When I got home, I made an early supper, left the back slider open and sat outside in the glorious weather. I sat and sat. Then it was time to come in and I watched a GREAT lifetime movie titled "Annie's Point", with Betty White, and John boy from the Waltons (forget his real name).

Now, I have fed the dogs, and am ready to veg out and maybe go to sleep early. It was a big day. A very big day.

Thanks God, seriously, I know you have a hand in this, and I hope I can live up to whatever is planned.

1 comment:

My Sons Mum said...

Betty White. Shes just such a Ray of sunshine...calls a spade a spade, such a treasure. I think shes almost 90 and is so sharp!. Hope Lucy is finding some work somewhere. It must drive her bonkers when she can't.
xx Major