Thursday, March 11, 2010

News is not good

I heard from the vet that did the surgery. It appears what they thought was not a recurrence of the tumor, is. And, it had changed to something worse- more invasive, and removing it left an area of tissue that may not heal. Infection is also a possibility. This is clearly a cancer now, whereas before it was equivocal (based on pathology of the tissue). The upshot is that this is now something that will not "go away", but will recur, and since we've already had two surgeries, there just isn't any real estate left.

So, my Nikke is staying over night at the vet's tonight, and then we will take it day by day. Her time is not measured in years anymore. It's so hard. I am beginning to think that as my dogs go, and once they are gone, I won't have any more. I just can't take this.

1 comment:

BCxFour said...

I am so sorry...my heart is aching for you. If you want to talk, or just need to vent - please don't hesitate to call. You are in my thoughts Julie.