Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Lucy!!

Happy Birthday to my Lucy Lou. My pride and joy, my sweet, wonderful friend. The dog who was brought home to do agility with, but showed me that she was born to work sheep. The dog who has embarrassed me to shades of red I had never seen, the dog who makes me beam with pride. The dog who looks at each opportunity as an adventure, and the dog who I am proud to say is a Kelpie.

Never would I have thought my life would have taken such a turn. Lucy sleeps with me each night, and is my co-pilot in the car.

Many time Lucy will amaze me and frustrate me in the same fifteen minutes. Sometimes on the trial field we invent new ways to look bad. But never, not once, EVER has she failed to bring me my sheep. We get side long looks sometimes, but those who engage in this criticism, don't have the luxury to see what I do every single day. A dog who will do what I ask, no matter how hard, and she will do it with a good attitude.

She's truly my once in a lifetime dog, and I love her.

No comments: