Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Clean Slate

After work yesterday, my nephew came over, and we finished cleaning out and re-organizing the storage room. I found the hole that the rodents were using to get in. I can get to it now to repair it. It was great work. I have three crates I want to get rid of and an old Singer sewing machine, built-in (to a table), you know, the kind that flips out of sight when not needed.

Then we tackled the leaves. Raking is super hard for me one handed, so I utilized my nephew best I could, and we got all the sections that really needed it done. It was just great. Looks ready for spring at my place now. So, after that we went to Dairy Queen, and then I brought said nephew home. I was beat. I made a late dinner, and headed to bed. I read about two pages of my mystery, and then nodded off.

This morning, the plan is to go to Church later, and then walk the fence line at my bro's place. I have decided to buy the materials separate from the labor, to break down the cost a bit. Not having sheep to work is not an option, if I want to ever get anywhere. Plus, there are so many huge fields nearby, we can truck them to those fields to work on big outruns.

The dogs are bored(again), but not much to do about that, save for some Frisbee and ball play.

On another note, my female Parakeet is getting chunky. I swear, she eats much more than the male; I always see her head in that feeder... I wonder if she's got some eggs.. That would be cool. I haven't seen them go into the nest box yet though...

Well, that's all for now folks!

No comments: