Monday, March 15, 2010

100 acres and we're going to use it!

Not much going on, not much, but some things... Sunday I went for a walk with my friend with Lucy and Danny. We found a nice trail, so Danny could be off lead. The dogs had a great time. Danny was not tired when I got home though. Lordy. Danny seems to be a bit standoffish to some strangers, and for some reason, my friend who walks with me makes him nervous- perhaps because she has jet black hair, and I am blond? I don't know. He just barked three times and then he sniffed her and was fine. Danny. Get him working sheep and the world melts away. Unfortunately it's three weeks with no sheep work. That's bad.

Lucy and Nikke got into it this morning. Not good for my shoulder. I think it was equal opportunity start of the fight. Nikke is still recovering from her surgery, so that is not good. Will have to watch.

Meeting fence contractors at my brother's farm today. Will get the entire meadow/fields fenced in. No more half done jobs. I can't do it, and my brother is too busy. This will mean I will work Danny and Lucy near my home, and we can get lots further (with Danny at least). Am not looking forward to the bill, but in the end, I will end up saving on wear and tear on my car, and gas. This will be a breeding operation, and I hope to have enough sheep to use for trials. We've got 100 acres, we are going to use it.

So, that's it for now.

No comments: