Sunday, April 21, 2013

I did it!

I did it.  I finished that manure pile!!!  Praise Jesus!  I am so glad I stuck with it, even on the days I really wished I could just ignore it.  After I finished it yesterday, I stopped at my parent's house to have a cold drink and chat with my parents.  My dad was home and he always has questions about my sheep.  He is an old farm boy and you can see a glint in his eye when we talk about this stuff.  I know he's happy for me, and happy that I am doing something he did, though, if you were to ask him, he would tell you he does not miss it one bit!

After I chilled a bit, I went back and brought some panels to the hill pasture.  I had turned all the sheep out and they are now out for the duration.  I need the pen so I can pull out the ones I want to/do not want to feed and also the ones I want to use to train the dogs.  I don't want to have to grab and wrangle more than I have to, especially with lambs a foot.

Very chilly last night, almost made it all night with no heat, but by 3:30 I had to get up and turn heat on.  I am so low on oil..it's scary.  But, I have to buy 100 gallons and it's almost $4.00 a gallon... and well, I would rather be a bit cold... especially when I have other pressing bills to pay.

I just finished an egg.. sort of.. I make two and eat 1/2 of one and dogs get rest.... oh, and cat gets a bit too...

Today is a fun day.  I am not going to start my next task, I am going to have some me time.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

No comments: